Sunday, July 31, 2016

Just why do they want to Follow You?


So here you are cruising the Cyber highway, when you get an alert from Twitter or Google Plus Friends that you have a new follower.  I always ask the simple questions, Why do you want to follow me, Why am I interesting to you? And what the hell are you trying to sell me in the future? 
Now don't get me wrong , I understand that I'm a cyber radio celebrity, I fly SAR Helicopter missions, and I build custom Harley's as well as Tow. So maybe I am sort of interesting. I am as far as I can see, more independent than most, I have a nice not ravishly rich, but a comfortable income. I eat when I want to eat, I sleep when I want and overall I work, when I want or not work at all if I don't have to or feel like it. I have an assemblence of kountry southern intelligence, I'm all 100% Confederate American Male, but I'm at the same time very simple. I love nature, open spaces, and small town life. But in the global sense I'm not overall attractive, hell I'm 70 pounds overweight, I have type 2 diabetes, and I have other ailments. I'm nothing super special. So why does or would anyone find me interesting enough to want to be my Cyber, such as Twitter or Google Plus Friends , friend? I ask that everyday on Facebook, and such, why do you want to spend time with me. Unless I know you from my everyday domestic up close environment , I'm not going to give you any kind of attention. Only three times in my life has that kind of friend been worth the effort. The rest of the time, I have been carpetbagged and not in a big hurry to repeat it. Even now, my lady to be, although doing well at it, has to prove she wants me. So every month she sends money to help with the shop expenses Rent and such, that helps the club, and helps me. This means she's going to be a team player. She is sacrificing her pleasures and fun to help the greater cause. But usually, online anything is usually going to come back to bite you in the ass.
Examples of this is the sweet girl from Germany who needs to migrate from Germany because she just lost her parents, or some such, if only YOU(or me) would just send them several thousands of dollars, she will rush right over and hook up with you and live happy ever after. In reality your going to get fleesed. Back when I was just getting my feet under me online, I had just that happen to me while living in Centerville Utah. This weepy chick gets on there. Looked good until I looked up her photo, and found the whole damn thing a fraud. But by that time I was out some $6,500.00 I swore I'd not do it again. But ole my, here came a gal on Google Plus Friends, by the name of Denise , my I thought this might be something. Did a bit of digging , found that to be a fraud too. Look I know times are tough, and most need to make even a basic living or at least have food, I'm all for charity and helping those less fortunate, but I will not, absolutely not be taken advantage of. So why do they want to follow you? Ask simple questions, look for an extended profile, verify address and pic along with history, then verify again the Cyber highway has all kinds of pot holes, then accept a friend request. If you can't verify, say no.
Sorry no radio show overnight. Our systems are fighting with Livestream.com and AllWest, so hopefully I'll be on in the afternoon. 
TTYLY